Help your patients overcome financial barriers to cancer care by referring them to the APG Foundation. Together, we can help local cancer patients access to needed prescription medications and other services through our patient assistance reimbursement program.
Financial Assistance Program
When your patients need financial help paying for the medications or services you prescribe, look to The APG Foundation for help with out-of-pocket medication costs. While medication assistance remains our primary form of assistance, we provide services intended to enhance their recovery, help them feel more comfortable and help them function as naturally as possible.
Financial assistance is available in the amount of $3,000 per patient, per year. Please assist your patients to apply for help to cover the costs of the following:
- Compression sleeves and stockings
- Prosthetics, wigs, mastectomy bras
- Massage, Reiki, acupuncture and other complementary services
- Gas cards
- Medicinal CBD products
- Utility bills
To apply for our patient assistance programs, patients must:
- Be a resident of Iowa
- Be receiving cancer treatment in Linn County, Iowa or adjacent counties (Benton, Buchanan, Cedar, Delaware, Iowa, Johnson and Jones)
- Have no other readily available means of paying for their medications, prostheses medical equipment or complementary services
Choose a Patient Assistance Program
The APG Foundation offers two options for financial assistance for cancer patients: