For Cancer Patients
Cancer can be costly. Let The APG Foundation reduce your financial burden – so you can get the treatments you need and keep your focus on healing.
Financial Assistance Program
If you’re receiving treatment for cancer, look to The APG Foundation for help with medication costs. While medication assistance remains our primary form of assistance, we provide services intended to enhance your recovery, help you feel more comfortable and help you function as naturally as possible. Financial assistance is available in the amount of $3,000 per patient, per year. Apply for help to cover the costs of the following:
- Compression sleeves and stockings
- Prosthetics, wigs, mastectomy bras
- Massage, Reiki, acupuncture and other complementary services
- Gas cards
- Medicinal CBD products
- Utility bills
Am I Eligible?
To apply for our patient assistance programs, you must:
- Be a resident of Iowa
- Be receiving cancer treatment in Linn County, Iowa or adjacent counties (Benton, Buchanan, Cedar, Delaware, Iowa, Johnson and Jones)
- Have no other readily available means of paying for your medications, prostheses or complementary services
Apply for Our Patient Assistance Program
The APG Foundation offers financial assistance for cancer patients. Simply complete the online form and submit receipts showing the patient as recipient of the services described:
- Apply for Financial Assistance – For people who need help paying for medications and other services listed.
- Immediate Medication Assistance – For people who need prescription medications immediately, lack the funds to pay a co-pay and are willing to use our partner pharmacies.
Questions? Please contact our Program Coordinator, Shirley McElroy at 319-521-9596 or email us.